Site overview
Dunmore Moss, Wind Pump was a small tower windmill used for pumping on the edge of Dunmore Moss. The sandstone tower was about 25 to 30 feet high and had fallen out of use by the mid nineteenth century.
Map
History
Dunmore Moss, Wind Pump was a former wind-powered pumping tower on the edge of Dunmore Moss, about three miles north-west of Airth. The structure was a small tower mill, well built of sandstone blocks, about 25 to 30 feet high, with a ground diameter of about 12 feet and a top diameter of about 9 feet. The tower had walls about 2 feet thick and a doorway about 7 feet by 3 feet.
The top of the mill is missing and the tower is open to the weather. The wind pump was erected in the eighteenth century and was already disused by 1860. No detailed machinery description, maker, ownership sequence, or final working date has been established.